SA Stand Alone
B. SA-Stand Alone Fuel Tank
A UL-142 secondary containment tank, with a usable fuel capacity of _____ US gallons shall be provided. Tank shall be equipped to meet NFPA 30, 37, and all applicable local codes. Tank shall be supplied by Wedlake Fabricating, Inc. of Tulsa, Oklahoma 918-428-1641, or approved equal.
B.1. Fuel Tank Construction
1. Tank basin shall be constructed entirely of 10ga. HRS material.
2. Tank top shall be 7ga. HRS.
3. All other inner tank material shall be minimum 10ga. HRS
4. Interior tank baffle spacing is not to exceed 42” over the length of the tank or 48” over the width of the tank.
5. Emergency venting shall be provided for main storage tank and the rupture basin.
6. Tank shall include four plate lifting eyes UL-142 rated to lift the dry fuel tank and any pumps or level controls required.
7. Tank shall be tested to UL-142 standards and be UL-142 listed as a Closed Top Diked tank.
8. Tank shall also be equipped with the following options:
• 2” NPT fuel fill with lockable cap
• Removable fuel pick up and return dip tubes
• Normal and emergency venting
• Mechanical fuel level gauge
• Low fuel, high fuel, and leak alarm float switches
• 1” basin drain
B.2. Surface prep and finish
1. Clean entire Tank per SSPC-SP- 3.
2. Chemically clean all surfaces.
3. Caulk all exterior seams with polyurethane sealant.
4. Apply two coats of rust inhibitive primer (2mil DFT).
5. Apply two coats of PPG Amercoat 450H Acrylic Aliphatic Polyurethane finish paint (2mil DFT).
6. Color to be determined by customer.